Metzger Albee’s Doyle Albee has launched PR Is Dead, a new podcast series that examines the “ever-evolving world of digital public relations.” The podcast is available both online through the rainmaker.fm platform and via iTunes.
Congratulations to Deft Communications’ Jon Ekstrom, who gets a shout-out from The Denver Post for his podcast series, Jon of All Trades.
Example 1A of why you should never automate your social media content.
NPR examines the growing real-time influence social media has on sports:
Gone are the days of waiting for angry letters. Social media allows the NFL, NASCAR and other pro sports leagues to hear from fans in real time. And that feedback has become so important, leagues have built what are essentially social media command centers to monitor trends and engage directly with fans.
Tightening budgets are causing Colorado marketing and communications executives to lean more heavily on social media and content marketing , according to a new poll by The Thread Summit and the Business Marketing Association of Colorado (BMA Colorado).
Among the findings:
- Most senior-level marketers believe social and digital channels are delivering the biggest bang for their marketing buck, followed by public relations activities, sponsorships and advertising.
- The top three external marketing/communication challenges in 2013 were competition, technology and innovation.
- LinkedIn is the social media platform used most often to engage with customers, followed by Facebook and Twitter.
- About half of the respondents indicated “big data/analytics” is of medium importance to them.
- The favorite marketing buzzwords of 2013 include “content marketing,” “integration” and “engagement.”
- The least favorite buzzwords from 2013 include “big data,” “social media” and “content marketing.”
Results of the poll are being used to guide themes, speakers and panels at The Thread Summit in Denver, Feb. 19-20, 2014.