If you are looking for a quick way to follow Denver and Colorado media on Twitter, Eric Anderson at SE2 has put together a pretty comprehensive list.
Month: May 2013
Great Moments in Talk Radio
There aren’t a lot of standards when it comes to being a radio talk show host, but apparently not choking your producer is one.
Denver PR Jobs
Among those hiring this week are Blake Communications/Cherry Creek Arts Festival, Turner Public Relations, Delta Dental of Colorado Foundation, Denver Public Schools Foundation, North Denver Cornerstone Collaborative Team, North Metro Fire Rescue District, onTargetjobs, Pioneer Natural Resources, Rocky Mountain Children’s Health Foundation, SpotXchange, The CELL (internship) and the Town of Parker.
Stasko Agency Adds Four Clients
The Stasko Agency has added four clients to its roster: The Walnut Room, the City of Wheat Ridge, Kukui Corp. and The Guppy Tank. The agency also has launched a website for the LoHi Merchant Group, a group developed by Lu Stasko and Paul Tamburello of Red Chair Realty Advisors to help LoHi Merchants market their businesses in a more cohesive manner.
Catfight Alert: Fox31 and 9News
Fox31 and reporter Hendrik Sybrandy may be playing a little defense after 9News fact-checked a recent Fox31 story about an Italian gun manufacturer executive being mistaken for a terrorist and determined the whole thing was a “hoax.”
UPDATE: Fox31 has pulled the online version of its story, but not made any statement about why or offered a correction.
The Denver Triathlon has been postponed until September due to a lack of entrants. And, judging by the communications from the organizers, the postponement likely is step one (with step two being the official cancellation later this summer):
“Hi everyone, I sort of ignored FB yesterday to make sure I replied to everyone’s emails. If you have any specific questions I want to answer them. In an effort to be transparent, I had to postpone this race as we almost had more police officers working than we had registrants. After a wonderfully reviewed race last year we have seen a major drop in registration to the point that it was cancel or postpone. We had to chose one or the other and while it isn’t fun for anyone we didn’t want to cancel.”
Great Moments in Journalism
Linhart, Philosophy Big Winners at 2013 PRSA Gold Pick Awards
What does Sharon Linhart call it when you pick up a half-dozen wins at PRSA Colorado’s Gold Pick awards? An off-night.
Linhart PR and Philosophy Communication were the big agency winners at last night’s awards event. Using the proprietary and highly sophisticated Denver PR Blog formula to determine which agencies fared best (four points for the Grand Gold Pick, two points for a gold, one point for a silver), the results are:
1. Linhart PR (21 points) – Two grand gold, six gold, one silver
2. Philosophy Communication (11 points) – Five gold, one silver
3. Pure Brand (7 points) – Three gold, one silver
4. JKD! & Co. (4 points) – Two gold
5. CSG | PR (3 points) – One gold, one silver
5. MGA (3 points) – One gold, one silver
7. Weber Shandwick (1 point) – One silver
And the big non-agency winners were:
1. Kaiser Permanente (10 points) – Five gold
2. Commerce City (7 points) – Three gold, one silver
3. Denver Art Museum (6 points) – Three gold
3. Farm Credit (6 points) – Two gold, two silver
And, finally, congratulations to the Special Award winners:
• Linhart PR’s Sharon Linhart (Swede Johnson Lifetime Achievement Award)
• Bagnulo Communications’ Meredith Bagnulo (Chapter Service Award)
• Chipotle’s Chris Arnold (PR Person of the Year)
• JKD! & Co.’s Jane Dvorak (Mentor of the Year)
• MGA’s Matthew Rodriguez (Joe Fuentes Rookie of the Year Award)
• 2012 PRSA Western District 2012 Conference Planning Committee, led by chairwoman Lisa Cutter (PR Team of the Year)
Cathie Beck PR Rebrands as Capital City PR
Cathie Beck PR has rebranded as Capital City Public Relations. According to Beck, the new brand “better reflects the firm’s growth and position in the communications marketplace.”
Colorado AMA Award Deadline Friday
The nomination deadline for the Colorado chapter of the American Marketing Association’s 25th Annual Peak Awards is tomorrow. Award categories include advertising, branding and re-branding, conferences and events, online marketing, publishing, design elements, marketing research, student work and, my favorite, the best client-rejected ideas.
Great Moments in Journalism
COHN, Leopard Score Big at BMA Gold Key Awards
BMA Colorado has announced the winners at its annual Gold Key Awards, and COHN Marketing and Leopard were the big winners.