GroundFloor Media has added Earth Balance as a client. Earth Balance makes a variety of plant-based, vegan products such as buttery spreads, nut butters and snacks. GFM recently helped Earth Balance announce its Responsible Palm Oil Commitment and is developing an ongoing national media relations campaign designed to raise awareness of the benefits of choosing a plant-based and dairy-free approach to eating.
Bud Light is playing defense today after its #UpForWhatever labels “evoked concerns about alcohol-fueled rape culture.”
Among those hiring this week are Adams County School District 14, Allstate Insurance, Arapahoe Library District, Catapult PR-IR, CH2M HILL, City and County of Broomfield (internship), City of Boulder, Colorado Department of Law/Attorney General’s Office, Colorado Energy Office, Communications Strategy Group (internship), Consulate General of Canada in Denver, Finish Line, High Line Partners Conservancy, MedSynergies, Oracle, Swingle, The Colorado Health Foundation, The National Coalition Against Domestic Violence, United Power Inc., University of Colorado and Zayo Group.
Congratulations to Deft Communications’ Jon Ekstrom, who gets a shout-out from The Denver Post for his podcast series, Jon of All Trades.
Among those hiring this week are the Arabian Horse Association, Coalfire, the Coleman Institute for Cognitive Disabilities at the University of Colorado, Colorado Symphony Association, Cornerstone Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine, Denver Water, FRESC, GBSM (intern), Janus, Level 3 Communications, Newmont Mining, The International Mountain Bicycling Association and ViaSat.
Lutheran Family Services Rocky Mountains (LFS) has selected GroundFloor Media to conduct a search engine optimization (SEO) campaign for the organization and to develop a strategic message platform for the Older Adult & Caregiver Services program (OACS). The message platform will be developed to help LFS leverage its older adult program’s mission, care management and mental health counseling services provided to the community and to broaden its audience and client base. The SEO program will help increase online visibility and exposure among relevant audiences who may not be familiar with Lutheran Family Services.
The Colorado Symphony Association is hiring a Director of Media & Public Relations. The position is responsible for establishing and implementing the strategic direction for all Colorado Symphony Association (CSA) media and community relationships.
Boulder’s Metzger Albee has added three technology clients:
- Clip Interactive: A Colorado-based interactive mobile app developer, Clip Interactive is focused on the radio industry with the goal of improving listeners’ experience and creating a new revenue stream for radio stations.
- SQFT: SQFT is America’s first DIY real estate portal using cutting-edge technology and a team of local, independently operated, licensed real estate agents that allows users to buy and sell homes using only a smartphone.
- AllSource Analysis: AllSource Analysis is a leader in commercial imagery intelligence with a suite of multi-source information and analytic products for critical decision-makers in the energy, financial, government, humanitarian and insurance industries.
Perini & Associates has added Colorado Springs Style Magazine, Pikes Peak Regional Medical Center Association and Rocky Mountain Pointing Labrador Club as clients. Services P&A is providing include market research, website development, press releases and social media support.
Indiana’s Economic Development Corp. and Office of Tourism Development has hired public relations firm Porter Novelli to help “restore Indiana’s image after the recent controversy surrounding” the Religious Freedom Restoration Act. The account appears to be $1 million over two years.
Denver’s DStreet has added Fenix Lighting U.S. as a client. As part of the engagement, DStreet’s digital team will create a content marketing program that includes web analytics and consulting, SEO, blogging, social media content and promotions and online influencer relations.
Brilliant Media Strategies, a new Denver-based advertising, branding and marketing agency, has officially launched. Brilliant is the result of the combination of Bradley Reid + Associates and Stage 2 Studios.
Brilliant’s principals include Rick Wright, vice president of Client Services; John Tracy and Debbie Reinwand, founding partners; John Conn, president of Broadcast Services; Tina Lindgren, executive vice president; and David Board, director of Interactive Services.
Congratulations to Patti Hazlett, Director of Corporate Communications for the Mountain West Credit Union Association (MWCUA), who won a Credit Union National Association (CUNA) “Blockbuster Award” for her public relations work. Her trade media campaign was recognized with the “Best Public Relations Campaign” award.
Colorado Public Radio News has added four new members to its team:.
- Jo Ann Allen joins CPR as an afternoon host. She brings over two decades of public radio experience to CPR, including hosting “Morning Edition,” “All Things Considered” and “Weekend Edition” at WNYC for 18 years, and more recently hosting “Morning Edition” at WHYY in Philadelphia.
- Nathan Heffel joins CPR as a general assignment reporter and backup host. He has five years of local reporting experience, with three years as a reporter and host at KUNC covering an array of topics, including transportation, public infrastructure and LGBT issues.
- Grace Hood will launch CPR’s new energy and environment beat. Hood comes to CPR with over a decade of experience, including six years with KUNC where she covered a range of topics from fracking and agriculture to online education, earning her the Daniel Schorr Journalism Prize in 2012.
- Kareem Maddox is a producer for “Colorado Matters,” responsible for researching, writing and booking guests for CPR’s daily interview program. Maddox was formerly an assistant producer for KCRW in Los Angeles where he produced segments for the nationally syndicated show, “To The Point.”
Philosophy Communication has expanding its food and agriculture business with the addition of Natural Grocers to its client roster. Natural Grocers hired Philosophy to help communicate new store openings throughout the western United States and to help tell the Natural Grocers story in both traditional and new media.
The Wall Street Journal spoke to crisis experts at Golin and Weber Shandwick, both of whom gave Lufthansa high marks for their response to the recent Germanwings crash: Continue reading “Crisis Experts Praise Lufthansa”