Congratulations to the marketing/public relations/communications winners of the Denver Business Journal’s 2014 “40 Under 40” award:
Wouldn’t you be more likely to watch the NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams if this showed up every once in a while?
To paraphrase NBA basketball player/poet LeBron James, I am taking my talents to Market Street and joining the talented team at GroundFloor Media. And congratulations to two of my new GFM colleagues, Gil Rudawsky and Jim Licko, who have been promoted to vice presidents.
Quiet Light Brokerage, a brokerage firm that helps Internet business owners sell their websites, has selected VolumePR as its agency of record.
Among those hiring this week are Ardent Mills, Arkansas Valley Publishing Co., City of Commerce City, Colorado Community Media, Colorado Regional Health Information Organization, Communication Infrastructure Group (internship), CSU College of Engineering, Denver Health, Denver Kids, Echostar, Financial Planning Association, The Fletcher Group (consultant), Level 3, RTD (internship), Summit Professional Networks, University of Colorado at Boulder and Zlux.
Fitzgerald Petersen Communications has added three clients: the Museum of Contemporary Art Denver’s Mark Mothersbaugh career retrospective, sports medical technology company MuscleSound, and Colorado Succeeds’ Future Forward campaign.
Now available: The call for entries for the 2014 PRSA Colorado Gold Pick Awards.
The Denver Museum of Nature & Science has named Maura O’Neal manager of communications and media relations. O’Neal previously was with dovetail solutions.
Cody Wertz has joined Stratton-Carpenter & Associates as a senior consultant for media relations, public affairs and communications. Wertz previously was a principal at GBSM and, prior to that, communications director for U.S. Sen. Ken Salazar.
Volume PR has been selected as the agency of record for the BMW Championship 2014, the PGA Tour FedExCup Playoff event that will be held at Cherry Hills Country Club in September. The agency also is representing the organizing body, The Western Golf Association, and its charity, the Evans Scholars Foundation.
Volume PR also has announced its “Cognitive PR” services that integrate neuromarketing and cognitive science principals with public relations. The services – “Your Master Plan” and “Corporate Fuel” – are available to clients with existing partners or in-house communication teams.
Michael Brenner, VP of Global Marketing and Content Strategy at SAP, will keynote BMA Colorado’s monthly dinner on Wednesday, Feb. 12, at 5:30 pm at the Embassy Suites Denver – Downtown. During his keynote session, Brenner will share how he built the business case within SAP for a more strategic approach to content marketing.
Among those hiring this week are the E-470 Public Highway Authority, American Rivers, Customer Communications Group, Environment Colorado, Financial Planning Standards Board, Judi’s House, Lockheed Martin, Reuters, SendGrid, SolidFire, The Leadership Program of the Rockies, and Tri-State Generation and Transmission Association.
The Thread Summit has announced its list of speakers. Keynote speakers include:
- Aaron Kennedy, founder of Noodles & Company and chief marketing officer of the state of Colorado
- Shawn Amos, founder and chief executive officer of Freshwire
- Jason Lankow, chief executive officer and co-founder of Column Five and author
- Ben Edwards, vice president global communications and digital marketing for IBM
- Dave Senay, chief executive officer of FleishmanHillard
- Helen Clark, head of corporate marketing for Chevron
- Katherine Yip, chairman and founder of KYG International
Additionally, the conference announced the list of panel participants:
- Ken Lund, executive director of the Office of Economic Development
- Ramonna Robinson, president of GroundFloor Media
- Eric Brown, director of communications for Governor John Hickenlooper
- Stephanie Donner, Governor John Hickenlooper’s senior deputy legal counsel
- Jennifer Nealson, chief marketing officer for Denver Center for Performing Arts
- Perry Evans, founder and chief executive officer of Perch;
- Marcus Jimenez, founder and chief executive officer of StickyDocs
- Luella Chavez D’Angelo Chief Communications Officer at Western Union
- Maril MacDonald, CEO and founder of Gagen MacDonald
- Bill Myers, vice president of communications, marketing and CSR at DaVita