Congratulations to Lee Ann Colacioppo, who today was named editor of The Denver Post. She is the first woman to be named to that position in the paper’s 124-year history.
Month: May 2016
GroundFloor Media Creates Digital Sister Agency
GroundFloor Media has launched CenterTable, a sister agency offering social media, digital advertising, website design and development, search engine optimization (SEO), video production and creative content development.
Pro Tip: Avoid Family Movie Night with the Hickenloopers
Gov. John Hickenlooper releases his memoir Opposite of Woe: My Life in Beer and Politics today. While he has made a political career of straddling that quirky/bizarre line, you have to wonder if he pole-vaulted over it with some of his revelations. From John Frank at The Denver Post:
Tom F’ing Clark
If you like what Denver has become over the past couple of decades – it regularly appears on lists such as Best Places to Live, Fastest Growing Economies, Best Cities for Millennials, Most Educated Workforces, Most Fit Cities, etc. – you owe a debt of gratitude to the MDEDC’s Tom Clark.
Part visionary and part hustler, Clark appeared in Politico’s recent article touting the impact of RTD’s light rail initiative as only he could:
Jackson National Life Insurance Names CMO/CCO
Jackson National Life Insurance Company has appointed of Emilio Pardo to the new position of senior vice president, chief marketing and communications officer. Pardo most recently served as the chief brand officer and a member of the executive team of AARP.
Proof PR Adds Fitness Client
Great Moments in Journalism
Hat tip: KUNC’s Ann Marie Awad/@AnnAwad
ColoradoBiz Readers Vote Linhart ‘Best of Colorado’
Congratulations to Linhart PR, which was recognized by the readers of ColoradoBiz magazine with a Best of Colorado Business Choice Award in the category of public relations. Readers selected B Public Relations, Jumel Public Relations and GroundFloor Media as runners-up.
Barnhart Adds Denver Preschool Program as Client
Barnhart has added the Denver Preschool Program (DPP) as a client, and it is working on a variety of integrated marketing initiatives for DPP, including communications strategy and planning, content development, media relations, crisis communications, and media planning and buying.
Art + Business ONE Adds PR Services
Denver-based brand and integrated marketing communications agency Art + Business ONE has expanded its service line to include public relations. The agency has hired Rachel Krantz as public relations manager, and she will support client campaigns that include media relations, social media strategies, corporate social responsibility programs, strategic alliances and events.
WordenGroup Celebrates 20th Anniversary
Congratulations to WordenGroup, which is celebrating its 20th anniversary.
GroundFloor Foundation Awards Three Grants
GroundFloor Media‘s Get Grounded Foundation has awarded its latest round of grants totaling $13,800 to three local community programs supporting youth services: Mount Saint Vincent, Autism Society of Colorado and Zuma’s Rescue Ranch.
A volunteer committee made up of individuals from the agency reviewed the grant applications for the spring 2016 awards. Applications for the fall 2016 grants will be accepted beginning Aug. 1, 2016.
Webb, Philosophy Win Big at 2016 PRSA Gold Picks
Webb Strategic and Philosophy Communication were the big winners at the the 2016 PRSA Colorado Gold Picks awards event. Using the proprietary and highly sophisticated Denver PR Blog formula to determine who fared best (two points for a gold, one point for a silver), the results are:
1. Webb Strategic (14 points) – Seven gold
1. Philosophy (14 points) – Five gold, four silver
3. WildRock (10 points) – Four gold, two silver
4. Denver Art Museum (8 points) – Nonprofit Award, three gold
4. Linhart PR (8 points) – Four gold
6. CIG (7 points) – Three gold, one silver
6. Colorado State University (7 points) – Two gold, three silver
8. Bawmann Group (6 points) – Three gold
8. Farm Credit Council (6 points) – Three gold
10. Blake Communications (5 points) – Two gold, one silver
10. Weber Shandwick (5 points) – Two gold, one silver
12. B Public Relations (4 points) – One gold, two silver
12. Denver Water (4 points) – Two gold
12. Fyn PR (4 points) – One gold, two silver
12. Lola Red (4 points) – One Grand Gold, one gold
12. Malen Yantis (4 points) – Small Practice award, one gold
12. MWH Global (4 points) – Two gold
12. SCRAM (4 points) – One gold, two silver
19. Darnaeur Group (3 points) – One gold, one silver
20. Bonfils Blood Center (2 points) – One gold
20. DISH Network (2 points) – Two silver
20. City of Commerce City (2 points) – Two silver
20. Fletcher Group (2 points) – One gold
20. Level 3 (2 points) – One gold
20. Mulligan & Co. (2 points) – Two silver
20. SideCar PR (2 points) – One gold
20. Sling TV (2 points) – One gold
20. Xstatic (2 points) – One gold
29. Orapin (1 point) – One silver
29. RightScale (1 point) – One silver