Greg Avery at the Denver Business Journal reports that The Denver Post wants to eliminate another 20 percent of its newsroom – 26 positions – in the latest round of buyouts, the second in just 12 months.
A great city needs great media holding it accountable. If you’d like to help stop the bleeding, you can subscribe to The Denver Post.
(Hat tip to Mike Kruger/@MikeKruger)
Turner PR has added four new hospitality/tourism clients:
- Kimpton Seafire Resort and Spa located in the Cayman Islands
- Sunriver Resort located near Oregon’s Cascade Mountain range
- The Hyatt House Naples/5th Avenue waterfront property located along the Gordon River in Naples, Fla.
- The Hyatt Regency Aurora-Denver Conference Center
Webb Strategic Communications has added three major governmental entities as clients – the Denver Mayor’s Office, the Regional Air Quality Council, and the Colorado Municipal League.
Webb was awarded the communications support contract for Mayor Michael Hancock’s North Denver Cornerstone Collaborative (NDCC), an initiative to strategically align six major redevelopment projects in a vital area of north Denver. Webb has won a two-year contract with the Regional Air Quality Council (RACQ) to motivate residents along the Front Range to help reduce ground-level ozone pollution. And the firm has also entered into an agreement with the Colorado Municipal League (CML) to provide assistance in the promotion and planning for Colorado Cities & Towns Campaign.
Filed under: Public Relations
Reporting live as morons drive their cars into five feet of water.
“Why are you doing that? Why are you doing that?! Ugh. God…d…..”
Congratulations to the 2016 PRSA Colorado Gold Pick special award winners:
- Swede Johnson Lifetime Achievement Award : Dan Hopkins, Scientific and Cultural Facilities District
- PR Person of the Year Award: Jordan Blakesley, B Public Relations
- Business Person of the Year Award: Nicolle Davies, Arapahoe Libraries
- Joe Fuentes Rookie of the Year Award: Taylor Prather, Eagle County Government
- Mentor of the Year Award: Nicole Yost, Fyn Public Relations
- Chapter Service Award: Elizabeth Jumel, Jumel Public Relations
- PR Team of the Year Award: Colorado State University’s External Relations Team
The Special Award and Gold and Silver Pick award winners will be recognized at the Gold Pick Awards ceremony on Thursday, May 5, 2016, at the EXDO Event Center.
Denver-based Deft Communications has added two clients: Access, the largest privately held records and information management services provider in the U.S.; and Western Energy Alliance, a trade association serving as the voice of the Western oil and natural gas industry focused on federal legislative, regulatory, environmental, public lands and other policy issues.