A tremendous behind-the-scenes look at how Scripps’ decision to close the Rocky Mountain News played out in the newsroom.
Part of the fallout of Scripps’ decision to shutter the Rocky Mountain News is that MediaNews will take full ownership of several Colorado newspapers, including the Boulder Daily Camera, the Colorado Daily and the Broomfield Enterprise. Alicia Wallace and Ryan Huff at the Boulder Daily Camera have the details.
The Council of PR Firms released its annual “State of Public Relations Survey,” and the data is what you might expect:
- Average 2008 agency growth was 4 percent, compared to 10 percent in 2007
- 67 percent of agencies expect 2009 revenues to be down or flat
- Social media and digital content creation are the areas agencies expect to grow the most
But, as PR Newswer points out, there is some surprising news as well:
- 30 percent of agencies report they are currently hiring
- 69 percent think the Obama administration will be good for the PR industry