The Bawmann Group has added Kris Kitto as a senior counselor. Kitto returned to Colorado in 2013 after spending seven years in Washington, D.C., covering Congress, the White House and national politics for The Hill newspaper and other publications. He continued his policy communication work in Colorado last spring as a consultant on a project involving the new recreational marijuana market’s regulatory framework.
“We are honored to welcome Kris to the TBG team,” said Brad Bawmann, TBG president and CEO. “As a former journalist, Kris brings a unique perspective to our work with clients. His experience and expertise make him a perfect fit for our team as we all work together to consistently meet and exceed our clients’ communication goals.”
Get Ink PR has added two new clients: Pura Vida Fitness Club and Spa in Cherry Creek and LoDo’s coming Dorchester Social Eatery. The agency also hired Christine Vazquez as a publicist. Christine joins the team from Blossoming.
Filed under: Wins
WordenGroup has added Denver-based urban design studio and landscape architects Civitas to its roster of clients. WordenGroup’s other architectural clients include Boulder’s Arch 11 and Jackson, Wyo.’s Blake Architects.
Civitas has done redevelopment projects in the Central Platte Valley, Stapleton and Larimer Square, and was recently named part of the team selected by the City of Denver to morph the National Western Stock Show into a vibrant year-round Western heritage-based National Western Center development.
9News sports anchor Susie Wargin is the latest KUSA-TV employee to join the 9News Alumni Association. Wargin, who is leaving the station to pursue a real-estate career, joins Will Ripley, Kirk Montgomery and Amelia Earhart as the most recent high-profile departures.
Louisville, Colo.-based Door to Door Organics has named GroundFloor Media as its agency of record. GFM will develop and execute a national media relations program to increase awareness for Door to Door Organics among prospective customers, industry stakeholders and investors.
- Cactus has hired Jenny Topolosky as PR manager. Topolosky joins the agency from IMA.
- The City of Arvada has hired Maria VanderKolk as communications manager. VanderKolk previously was the PIO at Adams County School District 14.
- dovetail solutions has hired Mary Kusek as a client services associate. Kusek most recently was assistant director for media relations at the Univiersity of Texas at Austin.
- Avnet has hired Julie Wagoner as web & social media specialist. She previously was a social media specialist at Bellco.
- Linhart PR has promoted Tim Streeb to senior account director.
- Barefoot PR has added Jamie Bradley as a senior associate.
Filed under: KUSA
9News entertainment reporter Kirk Montgomery wasn’t offered a full, one-year contract and is leaving for Lansing, Mich.’s WILX. And former 9News sports anchor and Fox31 news anchor Ron Zappolo is returning to 9News in a move that may give Drew Soicher nightmare flashbacks from when he was unceremoniously drummed out of the San Francisco market.