HealthONE is looking for four students interested in for-credit video production internships this summer.
Dates: The internships will begin on June 1, 2012 and end on August 31, 2012
Interns must be available on June 6 for orientation.
• Seeking internship candidates eager to gain experience in a wide range of production industry facets, including pre-production, location/talent resourcing, shooting, editing/post production and distribution.
• Interns will be responsible for interviewing doctors, patients and hospital staff on a variety of health topics and creating professional videos and writing print/web-ready articles on a weekly basis.
• During the program, interns will research health topics, doctors and technologies, write scripts, schedule interviews, plan sets and props, conduct video interviews, edit videos, and write articles.
• Interns will work closely with HealthONE marketing staff to develop health topics and ideas for videos and web articles.
• The internship candidate must be reliable, flexible, hard-working, and willing to take charge of some of the logistical functions of the project as well as writing, editing, researching, shooting and graphics.
• The intern will also support other current project needs.
• College sophomore, junior, senior or post graduate currently enrolled in school
• Communications, journalism or film majors preferred (but not required).
• Excellent interpersonal skills; maintains a professional profile in person and on the phone.
• Interns will need to conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times during the internship and possess a high level of ethical values.
• Interns should be deadline-driven and be detail oriented.
• Must possess an excitement to work and learn.
• Interns must be self-starters and be able to proactively complete projects on deadline.
• Intern candidates should have expert knowledge of working on a Mac computer.
• Intermediate skill level in Final Cut Pro, iMovie and/or GarageBand.
• Intermediate skill level in YouTube and other social media outlets.
• Interns must have transportation to and from hospitals and facilities throughout Denver metro area.
• Interns are required to work 15-20 hours per week.
• Interns are required to work in the HealthONE system office in DTC one day per week for a minimum of four hours. Most of internship work hours will be working inside of HealthONE facilities.
• Send a resume, cover letter, and video and writing samples (1-3 of each) toJthompson@metzger.com. Videos can be sent as a link to a YouTube page, website or as a MP3 file.
• This is an unpaid internship (interns can keep samples of work for portfolio) with opportunity for school credit.