Day: January 11, 2008
Coors Super Bowl Campaign Uses Consumer-Generated Content
PR Week has the details of Coors’ latest campaign.
’14 Days to Launch?’
Would someone please wake up the IT staff at VisiTech? The unveiling of their Web site redesign has been “14 days” away for weeks now.
Staff Departures Continue at Post, Rocky
Westword has the latest scoop on the continued departures of staff from the Post and Rocky. Among them:
- Julia C. Martinez, reporter, Denver Post
- Ivan Moreno, reporter, Rocky Mountain News
- Fernando Quintero, reporter, Rocky Mountain News
- Sarah Huntley, assistant city editor, Rocky Mountain News
Turner PR Continues to Grow
Turner PR has announced three new hires and a promotion:
- Amanda Conti joins as an account executive; she previously worked at New York boutique firms Marina Maher Communications and Bratskeir & Company.
- BrieAnn Fast and Jordan Blakesley have been hired as account coordinators. Both join Turner from LeGrand Hart.
- Jill Neumann has been promoted to writer/research analyst.
EchoStar Wins CES ‘Best of Show’ Award
EchoStar won a “Best of Show” award at CES for its TR-50 High Definition DVR. EchoStar’s press release is here.
Upset Brewing …
The Denver Post’s Bill Husted pulls ahead of the Rocky’s Penny Parker in the “Most 2008 Wendy Aiello Mentions” horse race this morning. Sure, he tried to sneak it by us by referring to her as Wendy DeHaven, but we all know who she is. To date, that puts Husted on pace for a staggering 67 “Wendy” mentions in 2008; Parker, who was the heavy favorite to win the award, is only on pace for 33.