Tightening budgets are causing Colorado marketing and communications executives to lean more heavily on social media and content marketing , according to a new poll by The Thread Summit and the Business Marketing Association of Colorado (BMA Colorado).
Among the findings:
- Most senior-level marketers believe social and digital channels are delivering the biggest bang for their marketing buck, followed by public relations activities, sponsorships and advertising.
- The top three external marketing/communication challenges in 2013 were competition, technology and innovation.
- LinkedIn is the social media platform used most often to engage with customers, followed by Facebook and Twitter.
- About half of the respondents indicated “big data/analytics” is of medium importance to them.
- The favorite marketing buzzwords of 2013 include “content marketing,” “integration” and “engagement.”
- The least favorite buzzwords from 2013 include “big data,” “social media” and “content marketing.”
Results of the poll are being used to guide themes, speakers and panels at The Thread Summit in Denver, Feb. 19-20, 2014.