GroundFloor Media has been named agency of record by Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt, a self-serve, choose-your-own-toppings frozen dessert chain. GFM will provide strategic planning, traditional and social media strategy and execution.
Denver public relations agency LeGrand Hart appears to have shut its doors for good. The news is surprising since the firm ranked second in revenue in the Denver Business Journal’s 2007-2008 Book of Lists ($2.70 million in revenue). But it was second only to Schenkein ($2.72 million in revenue), so maybe we should expect the unexpected.
For old time’s sake, here is the ranking of agencies that appeared in 2007-2008, the last time the DBJ ranked public relations firms:
1. Schenkein ($2.72 million)
2. LeGrand Hart ($2.70 million)
3. JohnstonWells ($2.65 million)
4. PRACO/Vladimir Jones ($2.51 million)
5. MGA ($2.29 million)
6. Pure Brand ($2.13 million)
7. GroundFloor Media ($2.10 million)
8. Linhart ($2.09 million)
9. CTA Integrated ($1.86 million)
10. Turner PR ($1.65 million)
11. CLS ($1.56 million)
12. 104 West ($1.51 million)
13. Webb PR ($1.35 million)
14. Bawmann Group ($1.28 million)
15. Metzger ($1.10 million)
16. VisiTech ($1.10 million)
17. LawsComm ($1.07 million)
18. InterMountain ($1.05 million)
19. Catapult ($0.92 million)
20. Corporate Advocates ($0.83 million)
21. Volume PR ($0.83 million)
22. SJI Ltd. ($0.75 million)
23. October Strategies ($0.74 million)
24. Aiello PR ($0.70 million)
25. Capitol Solutions ($0.69 million)
The high-end gambling ring that took down Denver Post sports columnist/reporter Jim Armstrong has claimed (partly) another victim: Steve Sander. Sander has resigned his seat on the Metro Denver Sports Commission board to “to prevent any misperceptions about the organization” that could arise from his name being linked to the gambling ring.
Sander also serves as director of strategic marketing for Denver, and a city spokeswoman told the Post that he will be allowed to complete the term of his contract that expires at the end of this year.
Nicole Yost has launched Fyn (pronounced fine) Public Relations, a full-service public relations agency based on Fort Collins. Fyn PR is the agency of record for the Loveland Chamber of Commerce, Midtown Arts Center, Backbone Gourmet Grub & Brewhouse, Perfect Square and Fred’s Used Websites. It also manages PR for several project clients as well, including the upcoming Snow Sculpture in the Dark event put on by Engaging Loveland.