The Children’s Hospital Foundation has snagged Tonight Show host Jay Leno for its 2010 Children’s Hospital Gala on Saturday, September 11, at the Hyatt Regency Denver. Originally, Conan O’Brien was scheduled to headline the event, but Children’s dumped him and pushed the event back 90 minutes when they heard Leno was available. Pure is promoting the event.
Colorado Public Radio has hired Lana Jefferson Taussig as public relations manager to direct social and traditional media outreach, organize various community and listener engagement programs, and contribute to other strategic marketing initiatives. Jefferson Taussig previously was director of communications at Project C.U.R.E. Before that, she led and supported PR efforts for several local and national accounts at Schenkein.
The WILD Foundation is seeking a volunteer to manage public relations for its Fall Gala – “Faces of the WILD World” – on Sat. Oct. 23, 2010 at the Sleeper House (aka The Sculptured House) in Genesee. Responsibilities include:
- Creating buzz in the Denver/Boulder area for the event
- List event on community/media calendars
- Pitch pre-event article on WILD Foundation in September issue of high-profile Denver medium
- Compile mailing list for invites (we have already started a list of organizations and individuals)
- Other outreach
The position requires a commitment of approximately 8 hours per week. If you are interested, contact Susan Bruce at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Denver’s Fabric Media has landed two new clients:
- Bebo – Criterion Capital Partners hired Fabric Media to handle the media surrounding its acquisition of Bebo from AOL and will be retained as media counsel for the world’s fourth largest social network.
- ShortsHD – The world’s largest distributor of short films and global TV network operator has retained Fabric to handle its U.S. corporate PR in conjunction with the launch their HD TV Network in the states (ShortsHD) and celebrity driven digital releases.
Cactus is celebrating 20 years of “Sharp Ideas” with the launch of its new website. In June 1990, Joe Conrad, Dianna Fritzler and John Skrabec formed Cactus Communications, and over the past two decades the agency has grown from a three-person start-up into a 47-person full-service agency.