The tables have been cleared, the floors vacuumed, the rented tuxedos returned, Elaine Ellis has posted bail and LoDo’s has agreed not to press charges, which can mean only one thing – The 2009 PRSA Colorado ‘Gold Pick” Awards ceremony is officially over. PRSA Colorado has posted the winners from Thursday’s event, and the Denver PR Blog has once again used a proprietary and highly sophisticated formula (two points for a gold, one point for a silver) to determine which agencies fared best:
1. Carmichael Lynch Spong (13 points) – Three gold, seven silver
2. Linhart PR (9 points) – Three gold, three silver
3. JohnstonWells (8 points) – One grand gold, two gold, two silver
3. Pure Brand (8 points) – Three gold, two silver
5. GroundFloor Media (7 points) – Two gold, three silver
6. Philosophy (6 points) – One grand gold, two gold
7. Xstatic (4 points) – One gold, two silver
8. 104 West Partners (2 points) – One gold
8. GolinHarris (2 points) – One gold
8. MGA Communications (2 points) – One gold
8. Room 214 (2 points) – One gold
8. SSA (2 points) – One gold
8. Cohn Marketing (2 points) – Two silver
14. Dressel-Martin MediaWorks (1 point) – One silver
Also, congratulations to the big award winners: Comcast’s Scott Binder and Goodwill’s Tim Welker (Business Persons of the Year), Denver Art Museum’s Ashley Pritchard (Rookie of the Year), Aurora Organic Dairy’s Sonja Tuitele (PR Person of the Year), First Data’s Cara Taylor (Chapter Service Award), Don Kirchoffner & Associates’ Don Kirchoffner (Swede Johnson Lifetime Achievement Award), and Morris Animal Hospital (Nonprofit Award).
If you run into Pete Webb this weekend, make sure he buys the drinks. The Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) has re-upped Webb PR’s three-year contract to promote CDOT’s anti-drunk driving and seat belt use campaigns, and the agency also nabbed several new accounts, including Colorado Department of Human Services, Jacobs Entertainment (owners of the Lodge and Gilpin Hotel Casinos in Black Hawk), Nobel Energy and Eagle County Ambulance.
Metzger Associates has promoted Sarah Engle to Chief Financial Officer. Engle, who is a CPA, has worked for Metzger as its controller since 2004.