dovetail solutions has added Matt Moseley as partner and chief strategy officer. Moseley most recently was with InterMountain Public Affairs and previously served as the communications director for the Colorado State Senate, the press officer for the United States Olympic Committee, and deputy communications director for the White House for the Summit of the Eight (G7 Summit).
dovetail solutions has added five new clients: Colorado Education Association, Confluent Development, Safe Rx, The Cossitt Law Firm and BMC Investments. The firm also welcomed back two previous clients: The Boedecker Foundation and i2 Construction.
“These new clients further represent our firm’s continued commitment to a diverse client base with a rich and determined interest to marry a communications and community strategy that makes ideal fiscal and brand sense,” said Andy Boian, CEO of dovetail solutions.
dovetail solutions has added the University of Denver’s Daniels College of Business and the Colorado Educational and Cultural Facilities Authority (CECFA) as clients. dovetail previously worked with CECFA in 2008.
Congratulations to dovetail solutions on celebrating the firm’s 10th anniversary. The dovetail team celebrated with a bash at the RiNo Yacht Club at The Source.
dovetail solutions has promoted Rachell Buell to director of client services and transitioned Mary Kusek to chief of staff. The agency also added Lea Gralewski as its spring intern.
- Cactus has hired Jenny Topolosky as PR manager. Topolosky joins the agency from IMA.
- The City of Arvada has hired Maria VanderKolk as communications manager. VanderKolk previously was the PIO at Adams County School District 14.
- dovetail solutions has hired Mary Kusek as a client services associate. Kusek most recently was assistant director for media relations at the Univiersity of Texas at Austin.
- Avnet has hired Julie Wagoner as web & social media specialist. She previously was a social media specialist at Bellco.
- Linhart PR has promoted Tim Streeb to senior account director.
- Barefoot PR has added Jamie Bradley as a senior associate.
dovetail solutions is joining Polsinelli Shughart, Deloitte and WideFoc.us in supporting the Denver Office of Economic Development (OED) JumpStart Biz Plan Awards. The program will recognize the top ten start-up and early-stage business plan finalists with tools – including PR, legal, financial and social media counsel from the supporting companies – to help their businesses thrive in Denver.
“Our culture of innovation and entrepreneurship in Denver is as strong as ever,” said Denver Mayor Michael Hancock. “To celebrate this, we’re looking to identify and contribute to the strongest ideas that will help further strengthen Denver as a top city for small business.”
dovetail solutions has promoted Emily Holleran to director of Operations. Holleran joined dovetail solutions in 2009, and in her new role she will oversee the firm’s day-to-day operations, including financials, client invoicing, human resources, IT support and benefits administration. Prior to joining dovetail solutions, Holleran was director of operations at The McLaughlin Company, a performance consulting and coaching firm.
Congratulations to all my colleagues at dovetail solutions – the firm is celebrating its seventh anniversary today. We plan to celebrate like any self-respecting seven-year-old – lots of Hello Kitty birthday cake and an afternoon of Justin Bieber karaoke.
Dovetail Solutions has introduced a redesigned website, and announced that its 2011 pro bono client is the Morgan Adams Foundation, which raises money and awareness on behalf of children affected with cancer. The foundation was started by the parents of Morgan Adams, who was a healthy 5-year old girl when she was diagnosed with a Glioblastoma Multiforme brain tumor in 1997. She battled her cancer for 11 months before she succumbed to the disease.
Dovetail Solutions has been named agency of record for DriveABLE’s DriveSafe product. DriveABLE, based in British Columbia and a spin-off from the University of Alberta, offers technology-based products that identify medically impaired drivers.
Additionally, Dovetail has added Maura O’Neal as client services manager and Marissa Hoffman as an intern.
Dovetail Solutions founder and CEO Andy Boian will discuss how to use community involvement to enhance brands at the Denver Metro SBDC/Denver Metro Chamber’s business seminar series on April 5. Details are:
DMSBDC/DMCOC Seminar Series
7:30 – 9:00 am, Tuesday, April 5
Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce
1445 Market St., Denver CO, 80202
Dovetail Solutions named Whitner Belk as marketing coordinator. She is responsible for supporting the firm’s client service managers and director, as well as for producing collateral materials and implementing social media initiatives for both clients and the firm. Belk previously was design coordinator for Ralph Lauren’s Black Label women’s clothing line team in New York.
Dovetail Solutions has been named agency of record for Rivet Software and LifeQuest World Fund. Rivet Software is a leading provider in standards-based business reporting and analytics, and LifeQuest World Fund provides a complete solution to planning, life insurance premium lending, wealth creation and risk mitigation to clients ranging from individuals and small start-up businesses to large corporations and charities.
Dovetail Solutions has added Dana Stone as director of Client Services and Tyler Lyons as manager of Client Services. Stone’s experience includes positions at First Data in Denver and GolinHarris in Atlanta, and she is a PRSA Colorado board member. Lyons comes to Dovetail from Lt. Gov. Barbara O’Brien’s office.
- Duo Marketing & PR has added entrepreneur and radio personality Nick May to its client list. Duo will manage publicity and social media services for May.
- Conversation Starters has been selected by Chemo101 to handle web and social media development.
- Dovetail Solutions has added Amanda Pehrson and promoted Ryan Peacock to senior manager of client services. Pehrson formerly was with Pelligrini Solutions and The Fresh Ideas Group. And, on an unrelated note, members of the CJ Powell Fan Club (CJPFC) will be glad to know he has been added to the group shots on the Dovetail website.
Dovetail Solutions has opened its long-rumored Washington, D.C. office. The new office, which will help support government, corporate and nonprofit clients nationwide, is Dovetail’s third (headquartered in Denver, it also has a San Francisco location). Dovetail also announced it has added property developer Weston Solutions as a client.
3 – Number of cities in which Dovetail will operate by this summer (Denver; San Francisco; Washington, D.C.)
44 – Number of organizations and committees in which Dovetail employees are involved
46 – Percentage increase in client base over the past two years
50 – Percentage of small businesses that fail to make it to five years
60 – Percentage of the agency’s lifespan spent during a recession
0 – Number of group shots on the Dovetail website in which CJ Powell appears (time to learn Photoshop, CJ).
ExecConnect, an exclusive group of business and community leaders launched by Andy Boian and Dovetail Solutions in 2009, has named Angela Lieurance, vice president of Development and Marketing at University of Colorado Hospital, as chairwoman. The group of local executives, community leaders and business owners has the mission “to harness the energy of the group’s valued relationships and related knowledge to further the prosperity of the Denver community.”
In its first year, ExecConnect has helped launch the Denver Bike Sharing initiative B-Cycle, held its first Distinguished Speaker event with acclaimed national author Brian Bagley, and hosted quarterly roundtables for members to dissect current events and issues.
Dovetail Solutions has added University of Colorado Hospital (UCH) to its client roster. Dovetail will “develop strategic community investment within UCH, as well as media relations and public relations activities on behalf the academic hospital.” UCH, located on the Anschutz Medical Campus, is the region’s only academic hospital and consistently ranks among the top hospitals in the country by U.S. News and World Report.
- Dovetail Solutions has landed landscape architecture, land planning, urban design and strategic services firm Design Workshop as a client.
- Pivot Communication added Memphis-based Correctional Counseling, Inc., as a client. Correctional Counseling “provides a wide range of treatment and training programs for offenders involved in the correctional system.”
By Andy Boian
Founder & CEO
- Andrew Hudson and Bruce Goldberg will form a punk/folk rock ensemble that will make it into the final round of NBC’s “America’s Got Talent,” however, they will be tainted by a Milli Vanilli-type scandal when it is discovered that all of their music (and singing) is pre-recorded.
- People will rediscover the fact that there is no social media option that is as effective as face-to-face conversations that aren’t limited to 140 characters.
- PR firms will find a whole new revenue stream in providing services to medical marijuana dispensaries, especially with coaching these clients on conducting effective media interviews by staying focused for more than two minutes, not eating Doritos during the conversation, and avoiding phrases like “Hey man, it’s like this…”
- Due to the “financial derivatives” effect, PR professionals will be held to a new standard where they must be able to clearly explain and understand the products and services of their clients and the tangible value they provide.
- Accenture will decide to replace Tiger Woods with Vince, the ShamWow guy, in an effort to bring some credibility back to its brand.
- Mayor John Hickenlooper will hold the world record for the “longest wheelie” when he kicks off the Denver Bike Share program in spring and travels the length of the 16th Street Mall (eight times) balancing on one wheel and conducting three conference calls in the process.
- Certain agencies will toy with the idea of using raw, honest quotes in press releases instead canned sound bites. This will put grins on the faces of reporters and increase the rate of heartburn among agency owners. It will also last approximately three weeks.
- Clients will focus on measuring their efforts in community investment when new research shows that certain data can be quantified in financial terms such as a child’s smile is equivalent to an ROI of approximately $1,760.
- The Denver business community will continue to shine in the national spotlight when additional surveys rank it as the #1 city in categories such as “Best Place to Conduct a Meeting Outdoors,” “Best Job Market for People Who Prefer Fleece Jackets Over Navy Blazers,” and “Best City to Blame Hangovers on the Altitude.”
- The demand for good writing and solid journalism will gain momentum as the popularity of reality television starts to decline. Adults over the age of 50 will be barred from forwarding emails claiming to expose how Obama is not a U.S. citizen. People will engage in more philosophical debates and crave learning the truth about things rather than believing online blog posts. Hey…it could happen.
Dovetail Solutions is inviting its employees, vendors, clients and friends to join the firm at its annual service day on Saturday, Sept. 19, from 8:30 am to 1:00 pm. Email Emily Holleran for details and to RSVP.
Dovetail Solutions has promoted Gordon Miller to Senior Partner of Strategic Services. Miller will continue to direct the firm’s Executive Leadership Strategies practice and will manage “strategic client solutions and connections.”
Dust off the resume: Dovetail Solutions is interviewing for a Manager of Client Services position. The agency requires three years of public relations experience (agency or in-house), and the position comes with full health benefits paid. Resumes and other materials should go to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dovetail Solutions has added Midchix.com to its client roster. Based in Denver, Midchix is a boutique social networking community for women over the age of 40.
Dovetail Solutions has landed the Denver-based business consulting firm RAS & Associates as a client.
Dovetail Solutions has launched its new Web site.