Cactus has retained Colorado Lottery and added CommunityAmerica Credit Union as clients. Cactus will provide a variety of services including public relations, strategic planning, creative development, media planning and buying, digital, SEO marketing and analytics.
The Excelsior Youth Center, a non-profit behavioral healthcare organization, has selected Cactus to develop and lead the strategic rebrand and re-positioning of the organization. Under this new partnership, Cactus will help Excelsior execute its new strategic plan that includes the expansion of community- and family-based care options, crisis intervention and short-term programs.
Cactus has been selected by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment to create the state’s upcoming retail marijuana education and prevention campaign. The campaign will continue a statewide conversation with families, health care providers, schools, community groups and retailers about how to safeguard the health of those who use marijuana and those who don’t.
- Cactus has hired Jenny Topolosky as PR manager. Topolosky joins the agency from IMA.
- The City of Arvada has hired Maria VanderKolk as communications manager. VanderKolk previously was the PIO at Adams County School District 14.
- dovetail solutions has hired Mary Kusek as a client services associate. Kusek most recently was assistant director for media relations at the Univiersity of Texas at Austin.
- Avnet has hired Julie Wagoner as web & social media specialist. She previously was a social media specialist at Bellco.
- Linhart PR has promoted Tim Streeb to senior account director.
- Barefoot PR has added Jamie Bradley as a senior associate.
Filed under: Cactus
Cactus has teamed with the State of Colorado and a local non-profit to create the Man Therapy Campaign, which uses “humor to cut through stigma and tackle issues like depression, divorce and even suicidal thoughts head on, the way a man would do it.”
“Colorado currently has the 6th highest suicide rate in the nation,” notes Jarrod Hindman, director of Colorado’s Office of Suicide Prevention. “Men between the ages of 25 and 54 represent a significant portion of suicide deaths in the state, and the numbers are on the rise. It is clear that we have to do something to target this difficult to reach audience.”
SE2 and Cactus have teamed up to launch Project Health Colorado, an innovative and first-of-its-kind-in-Colorado media campaign that encourages and enables a real-time, statewide dialogue about health care. More details are here.
Filed under: Cactus
Charter Media, the advertising sales division of Charter Communications, named Cactus agency of record for branding, marketing and advertising.