Sort of, according to Forbes. The Denver Business Journal has the details.
Forbes is out with its list of the 400 Richest Americans, and the Colorado component looks like this:
- Charlie Ergen, EchoStar, $8.1 billion
- Phil Anschutz, Qwest, $8.0 billion
- James Leprino, Leprino Foods, $2.3 billion
- John Malone, Liberty Media, $2.3 billion
- Pat Stryker, Stryker Corp., $1.8 billion
- Tom Marsico, Marsico Capital Management, $1.5 billion
- Steven “Steve” Silvers, GBSM, $1.2 billion*
Forbes has crunched the numbers and calculates that Denver is the fourth greediest city in the nation. A look at the formula, however, shows that “greedy” is more of a Forbes marketing gimmick than a realistic representation of the cities mentioned. To identify the “greediest” cities, Forbes calculated the number of Forbes 400 members per 100,000 residents. Denver landed behind San Jose, San Francisco and Seattle.