Filed under: PRSA
PRSA Colorado announced its 2015 Board of Directors:
President: Cara Crifasi, co-founder, Evoke Creative Services
President-Elect: Nicole Yost, founder and president, Fyn Public Relations
Immediate Past-President: Julie Scott, director, Bonfils Blood Center Foundation
Secretary: Suzanne Trantow, Aguilar PR
Treasurer: Jerry Brown, APR, independent practitioner
Elizabeth Jumel, APR, president, Jumel Public Relations
Stacey Sepp, APR, principal, Xstatic Public Relations
Sara Spaulding, APR, vice president of communications and marketing, CenturyLink
Dana Stone, external communications director, Elavon, Inc.
Sarah Thornton, president, Thornton Public Relations
Michelle Kern, marketing and communications manager, Optis
Claudia Morlan, communications specialist, Elmore Public Relations
Diane Mulligan, president, Mulligan & Co.
Renee Robinson, APR, corporate communications manager, Ball Corporation
Jessica Sidener, director of communications, Arapahoe Library District
Jennifer Tillis, account director, Linhart PR
Standing Out in a Field of Cannabis Edibles and Other Brand Challenges of Legalization is the subject of this year’s Brand Challenge that takes place today at the Oxford Hotel in downtown Denver.
Join panelists Stacey Stegman from DIA, Ricardo Baca from The Denver Post and Joe Hodas from Dixie Elixirs as they and attendees discuss how the legalization of marijuana has changed our state brand, issues that exist at the state and federal levels as visitors travel to and from Colorado through DIA, some complicated definitions, and more.
No registration is required – walk-ins are welcome.
PRSA Colorado Brand Challenge
4-6 p.m., Tuesday, Oct. 28
1637 Wazee Street
Denver, CO 80202
$35 / $20 for students
Linhart PR, Philosophy Communication and Communications Strategy Group were the big agency winners at last night’s PRSA Colorado Gold Picks awards event. Using the proprietary and highly sophisticated Denver PR Blog formula to determine which agencies fared best (four points for the Grand Gold Pick, two points for a gold, one point for a silver), the results are:
1. Linhart PR (17 points) – Seven gold, three silver
2. Philosophy (13 points) – One grand gold, two gold, five silver
3. CSG | PR (10 points) – Three gold, four silver
4. DStreet (6 points) – One gold, four silver
5. Weber Shandwick (5 points) – Two gold, one silver
6. CIG PR (4 points) – Two gold
6. Webb PR (4 points) – Four silver
7. Bawmann Group (1 point) – One silver
7. Blake Communications (1 point) – One silver
7. GroundFloor Media (1 point) – One silver
7. WildRock (1 point) – One silver
And the non-agency winners were:
1. Dish (6 points) – Two gold, two silver
2. Exclusive Resorts (5 points) – Two gold, one silver
3. DIA (4 points) – Two gold
4. Denver Art Museum (3 points) – One gold, one silver
4. Farm Credit (3 points) – One gold, one silver
6. CU Skaggs School (2 points) – One gold
6. Great Outdoors Colorado (2 points) – One gold
8. Arapahoe Library District (1 point) – One silver
8. City of Aurora (1 point) – One Silver
8. Colorado State University (1 point) – One silver
8. Kaiser Permanente (1 point) – One silver
Note: This list has been updated to reflect several non-agency winners that I inadvertently excluded.
Congratulations to the PRSA Colorado 2014 Gold Pick Special Award winners:
Registration has opened for PRSA Colorado’s most-popular lunch program – the annual media roundtable.
Annual Media Roundtable Luncheon
11:30 – 1 p.m., Wednesday, April 23
Comedy Works South
5345 Landmark Place, Greenwood Village, CO 80111
$30 for students; $35 for members; $49 for nonmembers
This year’s media attendees include:
- Vicky Collins, Teletrends
- Kasey Cordell, Senior Editor, 5280 Magazine
- Heather Draper, Banking/Finance/Legal Reporter, Denver Business Journal
- Jim Hooley, General Reporter, Fox 31 and KOA
- Rob McClure, Photojournalists, CBS4
- Barry Petersen, Correspondent, CBS News
- Rory Schmalzried, Executive Producer News Logistics, KMGH-TV
- Kristine Strain, Assistant News Director, CBS-4
- Eric Whitney, Reporter, Colorado Public Radio
- Daliah Singer, Associate Editor, 5280 Magazine
Now available: The call for entries for the 2014 PRSA Colorado Gold Pick Awards.
Join industry leaders and public relations professionals from across the state as we strip down and get back to the basics for Naked PR: Authentic, Transparent, Effective – 2013 PRSA Colorado Chapter Retreat.
Wednesday, Nov. 20, 2013
9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Four Seasons Hotel Denver
1111 14th St. Denver, CO 80202