I’m way late on this, but a shout out to my friends Jordan Blakesley and BrieAnn Fast at B Public Relations for their national PRSA Bronze Anvil Award of Commendation. This year’s Bronze Anvil competition drew a total of 828 entries. Of those, only 71 organizations were selected by the Bronze Anvil Judges as Bronze Anvil Award of Commendation winners. And congratulations to CSG and Colorado State University, which also won Bronze Anvil awards this year.
Congratulations to our friends over at Linhart Public Relations who won a national PRSA Silver Anvil Award in employee communications. Linhart won for its own employee communications program — “Linhart Public Relations: Culture Matters for People and Business” — that helped build workplace culture, team collaboration and firm capabilities.
Communications Strategy Group, JKD & Company, Cutter Communications, and Mulligan & Co. were the big agency winners at last night’s PRSA Colorado Gold Picks awards event. Using the proprietary and highly sophisticated Denver PR Blog formula to determine which agencies fared best (two points for a gold, one point for a silver, two additional points for the Grand Gold Pick/Small Practice/Nonprofit Best in Show awards), the results are:
1. CSG | PR (14 points) – Seven gold
2. JKD & Company (12 points) – Two Grand Gold Picks, Small Practice Award
3. Cutter (9 points) – Grand Gold Pick, Small Practice Award, one gold, one silver
4. Mulligan & Co. (8 points) – Four gold
5. Linhart PR (6 points) – Three gold
5. Philosophy (6 points) – Three gold
7. Blake (5 points) – Two gold, one silver
8. B Public Relations (4 points) – Two gold
8. Novitas (4 points) – Nonprofit Best in Show gold
8. WildRock (4 points) – Two gold
11. DStreet (3 points) – One gold, one silver
11. Webb (3 points) – One gold, one silver
13. Ayers PR (2 points) – One gold
13. CIG (2 points) – One gold
13. Gonder PR (2 points) – One gold
13. Monaghan (2 points) – One gold
13. Volume Nine (2 points) – One gold
18. Barefoot PR (1 point) – One silver
18. MGA (1 point) – One silver
18. Weber Shandwick (1 point) – One silver
And Colorado State University led the non-agency winners:
1. Colorado State University (14 points) – Seven gold
2. Leidos Engineering (4 points) – Two gold
2. University of Colorado/Skaggs (4 points) – Two gold
4. Kaiser (2 points) – One gold
5. Commerce City (1 point) – One silver
5. Colorado Health Foundation (1 point) – One silver
5. Denver Union Station (1 point) – One silver
The 2015 Special Award winners were:
• Pete Webb, Webb, Swede Johnson Lifetime Achievement Award
• Michelle Ellis, Orapin Marketing + PR, PR Person of the Year
• Meg VanderLaan, MWH Global, Business Person of the Year
• Amber DiGiallanardo, Linhart, Joe Fuentes Rookie of the Year
• Kristen Yantis, Malen Yantis, Mentor of the Year
• Margaret Fogarty, Farm Credit, Chapter Service Award
And the Public Relations Team of the Year was awarded to Sage Hospitality, Dunn Communications, Larimer Associates, dovetail solutions, and Aiello Public Relations & Marketing.
Filed under: Awards
Congratulations to Patti Hazlett, Director of Corporate Communications for the Mountain West Credit Union Association (MWCUA), who won a Credit Union National Association (CUNA) “Blockbuster Award” for her public relations work. Her trade media campaign was recognized with the “Best Public Relations Campaign” award.
Congratulations to Stephanie Vanderholm, a vice president at Metzger Albee Public Relations, who has been named to BizWest’s 2015 Boulder Valley 40 Under 40.
Congratulations to the communications-related honorees of this year’s DBJ 40 Under 40 Awards:
- Jeff Steepleton, president of the Galloway Group
- Jennifer Van Vleet, regional communications manager, MWH Global
- Katy Michael, VP of global communications, Crocs Inc.
- Erika Martinez, , director of communications and community outreach, City & County of Denver – North Denver Cornerstone Collaborative
- Ryan Huff, spokesperson and issues manager, University of Colorado Boulder
Colorado had a record 28 companies make the Outside Magazine list of the Top 100 Best Places to Work, including my colleagues at GroundFloor Media who made the list at No. 4. The full list of Colorado communications/marketing/digital services providers is: