RIP Dan Peterson
July 25, 2012, 9:58 am
Filed under: Public Relations, Uncategorized

JohnstonWells Senior Associate Dan Peterson died from injuries sustained in a hit-and-run bicycle accident this weekend. He was 30. JohnstonWells released a statement saying that, “Dan will be remembered for his dedication to his clients and his love of the outdoors, especially the Colorado mountains.”

The still-unidentified person responsible for Dan’s death was a white woman with blonde, shoulder-length hair who was driving a green or dark-colored Subaru hatchback with a bike rack. The car likely has front-end damage. If you have any information, please contact Denver police.

Update: Members of Denver’s biking community have placed a “ghost bike” memorial for Dan at Lincoln Street and Sixth Avenue:

So sorry for this tragic, senseless loss of life. I hope the perpetrator is caught. I wonder if cellphone use or texting was the cause.

Comment by Peggy Gonder

Thanks for letting us know more about Dan. We too often see stories which have the names, but not who the person was. An incredible sad loss of an obviously bright future. My prayers go out to him and his family, and that the person who did this will be caught.

Again, thanks for putting the story behind the name.

Comment by Brian Olson Conversation Starters Public Relations

Dan and I worked at JW at different times so we didn’t work together, but I certainly heard many positive things about him and his work. Thank you for posting the story.

Comment by Marc Williams

this is unbelievably sad news. my heart goes out to his family, friends and colleagues at JW.

Comment by Kristy Bassuener

This is such tragic news. Thoughts are with his friends and loved ones.

Comment by Paula Berg

Oh my goodness! This is horrific news! I had the pleasure of meeting Dan when I shadowed at Johnston Wells a couple years ago in March. He escorted me to a PRSA luncheon and expressed he was new to Denver. He seemed full of life. So sorry to hear this news…

Comment by Glorianna Schinagl