Filed under: Public Relations
It isn’t quite, “Say hello to my little friend,” but “You will be fired for not replacing the milk” could be the next great catchphrase. Or not. Either way, Beckerman PR’s Keith Zakheim needs to remember that smart bullies never put inane threats in writing. They whisper them while grasping the back of their enemy’s head so that their foreheads touch. Its PR 101.
Who could have foreseen an eventual lawsuit for Fox31 when it got into bed with such a paragon of virtue as the now-bankrupt creator of The Troubleshooter and Martino TV?
- October 19, 2011
- 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Braun’s (24th and Blake near Coors Field in the Ballpark District)
- Representatives from three nationally recognized brands (Crocs, The Four Seasons Hotel, and Smashburger) will present the audience with a unique communication challenge.
- Teams of eight to 10 people (attendees) will have 30 minutes to collaborate, brainstorm and develop a solution.
- Each team will then have three minutes to pitch their idea in front of the audience.
- The brand representatives will select the three best pitches – one for each brand.
- Each member of the three winning teams will receive a prize from the brand they pitched.
- Note: Teams will be assigned randomly to foster networking and fresh thinking by bringing together groups of people with diverse skill sets and experience levels.
- A fresh approach to networking
- Exposure to real brands and real brand challenges
- Opportunity to participate in an integrated brainstorming, planning and pitching exercise with a diverse team of communicators.
- Exposure to the approach, creative thinking, ideation and pitching style of peers.
- Opportunity to win big prizes
- $35 for PRSA Colorado Members
- $45 for Non-members
GroundFloor Media client Youth Opportunity Foundation‘s biggest annual fundraiser is Mustache4Cash/Color4Kidz. The concept is pretty simple – individuals sign up to color their hair or grow a mustache for about four weeks, and ask friends and family to “sponsor” their efforts along the way. All of the proceeds benefit at–risk youth mentoring programs in Colorado.
To get you in the mood, GFM’s Jim Licko has created a video extolling the virtues of rocking a ‘stache.
Filed under: Linhart
Congratulations to Denver-based mortgage due diligence firm (and Linhart PR client) Allonhill, which made the first cut in The Wall Street Journal’s “Big Innovation, Small Business” contest that highlights companies that employed smart strategies to survive the current “Great Recession. Allonhill launched with a small team during the 2008 housing collapse and has grown to more than 350 employees and is projecting $36 million in revenue in 2011.
Allonhill and Colorado-based companies M&E Painting and Travelers Haven LLC are being featured on The Wall Street Journal’s small business blog. Readers can vote for their favorite stories through Friday, and the Reader’s Choice winner will be revealed in a special report in November.
- Cohn Marketing has been selected by SRS Real Estate Partners to assist with brand identity enhancements and strategy. SRS Real Estate Partners is the largest national real estate company in the country exclusively dedicated to retail services.
- Voca PR won two new client accounts: DazBog Coffee Company and Sports Shares.
Registration has opened for PRSA CoLab, a full-day experiment in innovative thinking and discussion for Colorado’s public relations professionals. The hands-on, intentionally creative and challenging workshops will encourage and inspire participants to build chemistry with other industry professionals, test their limits and expand their capabilities. The CoLab will feature top speakers, energizing activities and a collaborative work environment.
9 am – 5 pm, Thursday, Nov. 3
Denver Art Museum