Fact or Fiction?
July 22, 2010, 5:28 pm
Filed under: Johnston Wells

That a former JohnstonWells CEO banned her employees (including Ef Rodriguez) from a Writer Square crepe restaurant because she didn’t like the way the employees smelled when they returned to the office. I’ll leave it up to JW employees to confirm or refute.

I once had an employer who banned popcorn from the office, but that was a little more understandable.

Comment by sara

I had a boss that wouldn’t allow certain foods. One was tuna salad. I get that…but crepes?

Comment by Mary

I can state unequivocally that I would, instead, DEMAND my employees come back from lunch smelling like crepes.

Comment by Vill Robinson

This is 100% true. The JW regime was brutal, but it made me the sterling PR professional I am today.

Or whatever.

Side note: I was once kicked sharply in the ribs by a JohnstonWells CEO for daring to wear corduroy at the office.

“Not allowed!” said the CEO. “Not ever!”

“Clemency, please!” I squealed, as the blows rained down upon my precious ribs.

“Your tears nourish me!” replied the CEO.

Comment by Ef Rodriguez

Being in Boulder, John Metzger and I insist upon a nurturing and open environment which welcomes all kinds of cuisine for either lunch, snacks or post-work happy hours. And for the record, neither of us has ever kicked Ef in the ribs, no matter what he smelled like.
:-)

Comment by Doyle Albee

SOOO true. The two CEO’s were brutal !!

Comment by Marty

Not true. A fellow JWer and I dined on crepes many a time without any complaint. I also wore corduroy. Looks like it was just Efrem.

Comment by Elizabeth Jumel