Twitter Vigilantes
April 28, 2010, 3:24 pm
Filed under: Social Media, Twitter

Ahhh, delicious irony. The self-important Jacob Morse is profiled in the New York Times for spending his time “calling out the (grammar mistakes of the) self-important” on Twitter. In the spirit of Mr. Morse’s endeavor, I’m starting a “Name that Tweeter” contest to identify the authors of notable tweets. The first (and likely only) installment:

“Its impossible to eat sopapillas with hiney and not get sticky.”

Identify the author and you win lunch and a free Bawmann Group pen.

UPDATE: 5280 publisher Daniel Brogan correctly identified Andrew Hudson, publisher of the brand new Andrew Hudson’s Jobs List Blog, as the author of the Tweet. Andrew’s Tweet was quickly followed by a second one that read, “Arrrggg. I meant ‘honey,’ not ‘hiney.'”

That sounds like Bill Husted.

Comment by Denver Post Reader

Brad Bawman?

Comment by mhawkins

No, not Bill or Brad.

Comment by denverprblog

“Who is Andrew Hudson, Alex?”

Comment by Daniel Brogan

We have a winner.

Comment by denverprblog

I’m not saying people can’t have hiney with their sopapillas…to each their own.

Comment by ahjobslist

Gross.

Comment by Ef Rodriguez

Enjoy the pen Daniel! Let me know when and where you guys are lunching. I promise to arrive with a honey pot.

Comment by Brad Bawmann

I had planned for the lunch to be Andrew Hudson and a few Denver Players Club employees delivering sopapillas.

Comment by denverprblog

Thanks for the publicity, but please try reading the article again. Our site, Tweeting Too Hard, has nothing to do with grammar mistakes, and I have no part in calling anyone out. It is a community-run (vote-based) website.

I can’t say the article was especially clear on this point, but it is clear enough. I’m baffled at the apparent lack of reading comprehension amongst the NYT readership!

Comment by Jacob Morse

Gosh, Jacob, I felt like I fully comprehended the quote in the article that read, “These are people who build their own algorithms to sniff out Twitter messages that are distasteful to them — tweets with typos or flawed grammar, or written in ALLCAPS — and then send scolding notes to the offenders.”

But in fairness to you, you are right. The article assigned those behaviors to your site’s users, not to you specifically.

Comment by denverprblog